t.g. meeting guide
what is a transformation group?
A Transformation Group is 2-3 people gathering once a week to share with one another what God is doing in their lives. The time is spent encouraging one another, praying for each other, and praying for those who need Jesus. Find someone and start a group today!
transformation group questions
These questions are to be asked of one another in a weekly meeting (Proverbs 27:17). They are to stimulate conversations of character and confession of sin in a safe environment which values honesty, vulnerability, confidentiality, and grace.
weekly bible reading
- Did you finish this week’s Bible reading?
- Any insights or guidance? What are you going to do about it?
- Any questions or areas of confusion? What are you going to do about it?
Prayer: Search me, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my anxious thoughts. Point out anything in me that offends you, and lead me along the path of everlasting life. - Psalm 139:23-24 NLT
- Describe your interactions with God this week - joys, struggles, and breakthroughs.
- What temptations did you face this week, and how did you respond? (examples: lust, greed, envy, dishonesty, gluttony, laziness, wrath, pride, fear, etc.)
- Do you have any sin to confess? Did you disobey God in anything? What are you doing about it?
- Have you been honoring, understanding, and generous in your important relationships this past week?
- Is there anyone that you fear, dislike, disown, criticize, hold resentment toward or disregard? If so, what are you doing about it?
- How did you share Jesus with others with your words? By your actions?
Is there anything else going on in your life that you need to discuss with the group?
strategic prayer focus
Each of you in the group is to identify two or three people for whom you feel led to pray for their salvation.
- Lord, I pray that You draw _________ to Yourself (John 6:44).
- I pray that _________ hear and believe the Word of God for what it really is (1 Thess. 2:13).
- I pray that _________ seek to know You (Acts 17:27)
- I ask You, Lord, to prevent Satan from blinding _________ to the truth (2 Cor. 4:4;2; 2 Tim. 2:25-26).
- Holy Spirit, I ask You to convict _________ of his/her sin and need for Christ's redemption (John 16:7-14).
- I ask that You send someone who will share the gospel with _________ (Matt 9:37-38).
- I also ask that You give me the opportunity, the courage, and the right words to share the truth with _________ (Col. 4:3-6).
- I pray that _________ turn from his/her sin and follow Christ (Acts 17:30-31; 1 Thess. 1:9-10).
- I pray that _________ would put all of his/her trust in Christ (John 1:12; 5:24).
- I pray that _________ confess Christ as Lord, take root and grow in faith and bear fruit for Your glory (Rom. 10:9-10; Col. 2:6-7; Luke 8:15).